We are celebrating one year of solar power at McMillan and planning a party, with cake, Chester Marcol and the movie "Cheeseheads". Tour the solar rooftop and check out the silent auction.
- 10:00 Chester Marcol - "Alive and Kicking: My Journey Through Football, Addiction and Life". Pro Bowl kicker Marcol is best known for his touchdown against the Bears after a blocked field goal attempt, but the story of life after football and his recovery from addiction may be a more compelling story.
- 11:30 - 2:00 Tailgate, with brats, curds and fixings. Library staff will be grilling, with music provided by local jazz combo 4 on the Floor.
- Noon Birthday cake for the solar project. The Library's solar rooftop was completed one year ago, so that calls for cake and very brief comments.
- 12:30 - 4:00 Tours of the 235 kW solar roof. Come and see the area's largest solar project, with over 13,000 square feet of panels.
- 12:30 - 4:00 Silent Auction. We are gathering items for a silent auction to help fund the solar project. Yes, there will be Packer-related items.
- 2:00 Cheeseheads : the Documentary. What does it mean to be a Cheesehead? Most people think cheese, beer and football. But when a devoted Cheesehead returns to Wisconsin to explore the deeper meaning, he discovers a state of beauty, tradition, and hometown pride. Writer / director / producer John Mitchell will be on hand.
- 4:00 Book and video signing with Chester Marcol and director John Mitchell