We are celebrating one year of solar power at McMillan and planning a party.
- 10:00 Chester Marcol - "Alive and Kicking: My Journey Through Football, Addiction and Life". Pro Bowl kicker Marcol is best known for his touchdown against the Bears after a blocked field goal attempt, but the story of life after football and his recovery from addiction may be a more compelling story.
- 11:30 - 1:30 Tailgate, with brats, curds and fixings. Library staff will be grilling, with music provided by local jazz combo 4 on the Floor.
- Noon Birthday cake for the solar project. The Library's solar rooftop was completed one year ago, so that calls for cake and very brief comments.
- Noon - 4:00 Silent Auction. We are gathering items for a silent auction to help fund the solar project. Features items donated by the Green Bay Packers, Paul Gross Jewelers, Central Waters, Wisconsin Rapids Rafters, Home Depot, Kwik Trip, Shopko, Soothing Touch Massage, Loot Home & Garden, Kroger / Cops, Hotel Mead and other area companies.
- 12:30 - 4:00 Tours of the 235 kW solar roof. Come and see the area's largest solar project, with over 13,000 square feet of panels.
- 2:00 Cheeseheads : the Documentary. What does it mean to be a Cheesehead? Most people think cheese, beer and football. But when a devoted Cheesehead returns to Wisconsin to explore the deeper meaning, he discovers a state of beauty, tradition, and hometown pride. Writer / director / producer John Mitchell will be on hand.
- 4:00 Book and video signing with Chester Marcol and director John Mitchell