Join us for an evening of entertainment and celebrate the talents of our community members!
More information on how to sign-up if you would like to perform:
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - MARCH 16!
SO YOU WANNA’ BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT?!... Thank you, on behalf of the McMillian Library, for your interest in being part of Spotlight 2017! It’s easy to get involved!
1. Save the dates! March 18 from 10:00am-2:00pm – Mandatory Dress Rehearsal; March 25 at 5:00pm – Spotlight 2017!!
2. Read the following information!
3. Fill out the participation form and bring it to the Mandatory Dress Rehearsal!
4. START PRACTICING!!!!
Pure and simple… Spotlight 2017 is a community-wide talent show! All ages and all talents are welcome to sign up! The McMillan Library will be hosting this event – in their beautiful auditorium! The stage is ready for performers and the lobby needs to be filled with beautiful artwork! Are you a 5-year old that rides a unicycle? A grown-up who loves to paint? A retiree who loves to tell stories? A teenager who loves to sing? A group of friends who love to dance? A baton-twirler? A whistler? A poet? An actor or actress? There’s room for you in the spotlight! Our performance will be held on Saturday, March 25 at 5:00pm. * Participation is free! *
THE MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSAL
All Spotlight 2017 participants are required to attend the mandatory dress rehearsal on March 18, 2017. This is the chance for performers to rehearse their talent onstage and for visual artists to meet our staff. Together, we will make your talent come to life! The Event Staff and Crew will be in the McMillan Library Fine Arts Center between 10:00am and 2:00pm. You are welcome to drop by anytime! If several performers arrive at the same time, you may have to wait for a bit.
Remember, Spotlight 2017 is looking for participants of all ages and all talents! We will do our best to include everyone, but we may need to be selective for this performance if participant responses are overwhelming.
Our evening of performances is designed with families and the community in mind. We ask that all performances adhere to some basic guidelines, in order to assure an enjoyable evening for everyone.
- Be Prepared. Prepare/rehearse so that you will present yourself well. Mistakes happen, of course, but it is important that your talent is ready for the show. Practice, practice, practice!
- Be Confident. There could be as many as 200 people in the audience for the show. Are you confident enough to do your best for them? It is completely normal to be nervous, but do you have what it takes to go out on stage? Be sure to think about that, before you commit to performing… But give yourself a chance! You may just surprise yourself!
- Be Family-Minded. All performers are expected to keep their content within an acceptable norm. Music lyrics, costumes, choreography, subject material, text/dialogue, etc. … should be free of vulgarity and suggestive references. We do not intend to “cramp your style”, but we ask that you maintain a level of decency in your performance.
- Be Safe. You may be a baton-twirler, but you will not be allowed to light the ends of your baton on fire. That would set off the fire alarm. A juggler? Excellent! No knives, please. If your presentation can possibly cause physical harm to yourself or others, you will not be allowed to perform at this event.
If your performance violates any of these guidelines, the staff of Spotlight 2017 reserves the right to deny your participation for this event. We want a fun, exciting and entertaining evening for everyone in attendance… we appreciate your help in making that a reality!
McMillan Library requires that all performers/presenters fill out a participation form and bring it with you to the Mandatory Dress Rehearsal. It’s just that easy! Contact the library for the form.
No question is too big or too small! Here’s how to find us:
Email or text the Spotlight 2017 staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you!
Or call the McMillan Library at 715-422-5136!