Full text (read/print/download/email) articles from 1,700 magazines. Click on CITE to get the appropriate citation for your bibliography. Also try:
- Kids Search - A kid friendly way to find resources for reports.
- Student Research Center - Articles, country reports, books, maps, flags, photos and video.
- Newspaper Source Plus - Full-text newspapers and articles, plus television and radio news transcripts, videos & podcasts.
- Wisconsin Newspapers Research Site - Daily and weekly newspapers in Wisconsin, starting in 2005 to the present, with an embargo delay of 60 days.
- Business, Health and Academic Magazines - Provides full text access to thousands of specialized magazines.
- GreenFILE - Scholarly, government and general-interest titles on the human impact on the environment.
- NewspaperArchive - Historical newspaper articles from 5,000 newspapers. Great source for newspaper headlines for history projects.
- A great starting place, with sections
for elementary, junior high and senior high school students.
Learning Express - Practice tests and tutorials starting with fourth grade and running through College. Includes PSAT, ACT, ASVAB and AP tests, Word/Excel/PowerPoint tutorials and much more.
- Literary Reference Center - Another resource about authors and books.
- TeachingBooks.net - Multimedia resources for exploring children's and young adult books and their authors.
- NoveList Plus and Novelist K-8 - Book reviews, annotations, etc., for over 200,000 titles. Helpful whether you are looking for something to read or preparing a report.
- LitFinder - The full text of 800,000 poems, stories and plays
OverDrive - Audiobooks that can be downloaded to your media player (WMA/MP3/IPod), with many classic (required reading) titles.
BYKI (Before You Know It) - A language learning site that covers over 70 languages.
Career Cruising - Assistance for job seekers and those exploring a career.Online Book Collections
- Book Collection Nonfiction: Elementary School Edition - Searchable full text for 1,290 popular nonfiction books. The database includes high interest titles on animals, weather, holidays, Native Americans, United States, Canada, biographies, civics and more.
- Book Collection Nonfiction: Middle School Edition - Searchable full text for 3,089 popular nonfiction books. The database includes high interest titles on careers, health, ethnicity, disabilities, technology, biographies, history, science, women, civics and more.
Book Collection Nonfiction: High School Edition - Searchable full text for 2,448 popular nonfiction books. The database includes high interest titles on careers, health, ethnicity, disabilities, technology, biographies, music, science, history, civics and more.
- Science Reference Center - This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
- History Reference Center - Full text from more than 2,500 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for nearly 170 leading history periodicals, more than 112,000 historical documents, 113,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 112,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video.
ECB VideoLink (Browse by Title or Subject) - Video programs for Wisconsin's K-12 students and teachers, available via streaming or download.
Soundzabound -Music and sound effects that are copyright compliant, content safe and royalty free for K-12 school use. Add to your presentations.
Education Research Complete - Education Research Complete provides indexing and abstracts for more than 1,870 journals, as well as full text for more than 1,060 journals, and includes full text for more than 133 books and monographs, and for numerous education-related conference papers. Topics covered include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education, and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
Professional Development Collection - Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 550 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports. Professional Development Collection is the most comprehensive collection of full text education journals in the world.
TeachingBooks Educator Area - The TeachingBooks Educator Area offers additional K-12 book resources as part of the BadgerLink statewide license. Resources include hundreds of thematic and authoritative K-12 booklists, information on virtually all English-language children's and young adult book awards and distinctions, thousands of valuable links organized into 25 relevant categories, and customized "Eye-on-the-Web" reports identifying and instantly connecting you to book and author materials that meet your specific grade level and subject areas of interest. Registration is required to use TeachingBooks' Educator Area, and is free-of-charge. Registration instructions for the Educator Area can be found here.
Teacher Reference Center (TRC) - Journal Information for K-12 Teachers & Librarians - This index of over 260 titles from the most popular teacher and administrator trade journals, periodicals, and books provides coverage on key education topics such as Assessment, Continuing Education, Current Pedagogical Research, Curriculum Development, Instructional Media, Language Arts, Literacy Standards, Science & Mathematics, and more.
Education Sites - A list of helpful free websites on K-12 Assessment, Curriculum Planning, Math & Science, Technology in schools, and U.S. History.