Filing for Unemployment Benefits
Before you apply: Unemployment Insurance: Apply for UI Benefits Online
- How to Apply for Wisconsin Unemployment Benefits Online (6:20): https://youtu.be/FfHQKS-YmWI
- How to File a Weekly Claim Online for Wisconsin Unemployment Benefits (6:03): https://youtu.be/1aT_V_xHRWc
- Job Center of Wisconsin: Job Seeker Registration (10:22): https://youtu.be/VikaHS5akCY
- How to Create a Username and Password for Wisconsin UI Online Benefits Services (2:36): https://media.wisconsin.gov/
ui/ext/benefits/username_ creation.htm (En Español)
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation - extended compensation for those whose regular unemployment insurance has ended
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance - for individuals not eligible for regular unemployment insurance
- Gale Courses - Build serious skills with dozens of business-related classes, including Resume Writing Workshop and Twelve Steps to a Successful Job Search. Free with your McMillan card.
- Reference USA - Source of information on businesses that job seekers can use, like similar businesses and contact names. Free with your McMillan card.
- North Central Wisconsin Dislocated Worker Program - Helps individuals reenter the workforce after a layoff or business closure.
- Internet computers. High speed Internet and printers. We will help you obtain a free email account.
- Wireless Internet. Bring your laptop and enjoy the comfort and quiet of the Library.
- Word processing / resume computers. All of the Internet computers include MS Word/Office.
- Books and videos on job searching, interviews and resumes.
- Staff dedicated to assisting you.
- Job Center of Wisconsin - The state Job Service listing. Links to Wisconsin and some Midwest jobs in the private sector, searchable by geographic region or type of job. Job Seeker Registration (10:22): https://youtu.be/VikaHS5akCY
- WiscJobs (State of Wisconsin Employment Source).
- CareerOneStop - "Your source for career exploration, training & jobs" sponsored by the the U. S. Department of Labor