A major focus of McMillan's Learning Futures project was to unify and expand our services for businesses, especially small businesses, entrepreneurs and startups.
Our enterprise center supports all aspects of a small business, serving as an office and workplace. This helps workers avoid the isolation they may experience while telecommuting, traveling, or working at home, while also eliminating distractions. There is currently no equivalent space within an hour’s drive.
- Business equipment. Computers, copiers, fax, scanners, MSOffice suite.
- High level software. Our makerspace offers the complete Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, etc.), as well as CAD/CAM software.
- 1 GB wireless Internet, courtesy of Solarus. McMillan is one of the very few 1 Gb public libraries in the United States.
- Prototyping / makerspace. We have a variety of filament and resin 3D printers, a Glowforge laser cutter /etcher, a Carvey CNC machine and other tools for developing and producing prototypes. Plus a full featured recording studio.
- Online classes. Gale Course are free instructor-led online classes, covering a wide range of business related topics.
- Meeting and training spaces. We have a 249 seat theater, a large All Purpose Room and two smaller (10-20 person) meeting rooms. All support online meetings.
- Collaborative and quiet study / work rooms. We offer two group rooms and three 1-2 person rooms. These rooms are ideal for online classes and meetings.
- Online business resources. Data Axel provides in-depth information on companies, useful for job leads, sales / marketing and finding suppliers. Business Source Premiere give full text access to over 2,300 national and regional business magazines.